This document explains what data we collect from visitors to our website and how that data is used. It also explains how visitors to our website can request more information or request to have their personal information removed from our systems.
Who We Are
Accutics ApS is a global company registered in Denmark at Kochsgade 31D, 2., 5000 Odense C with business no. 38404008.
Email customer service at email@example.com
Data Controller: Our CTO fulfils this role and can be contacted as above. Please address any questions for attention of our Data Controller.
Accutics is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
You may withdraw your consent at any time as listed in the “Your rights” section below.
What will Accutics do with my Personal Data?
Accutics limits the personal data collected and processed for the following purposes:
- to provide, operate, support use of, maintain and improve the Sites, associated services, and services we advertise on our website;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer;
- to create lookalike audiences within social networks to enable us to advertise our services;
- to provide you with information about services we feel may interest you; and
- to protect against, investigate and deter fraudulent, unauthorised or illegal activity.
What Personal Data does Accutics collect?
Accutics collects the following Personal Data:
- data provided by you when you sign up for using an online form on our Sites, or any of our social media platforms, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise;
- data provided by you when subscribing to our emails, participating in discussion boards or other social media functions;
- data your employer, contractor or other person with whom you have a business relationship provide us in order to grant you access to our services;
- data you give Accutics when you report a problem, request our support services, request or complete a review, demo or other trial of our services;
- data automatically collected when using the Sites, such as cookies;
- data automatically collected when using the Sites, including technical data, such as the make, model and operating system of your device, a device identifier, geolocation settings, time zones, and network information, your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring web site addresses; and
- data provided via other sources, for example Net Promoter Scores or customer feedback.
We may use third party analytics services (“Analytics Services”), to help analyse how you and/or your employer use our Sites. The information generated by the cookies or other technologies about your and/or your employer’s use of the Sites (the “Analytics Information”) is transmitted to the Analytics Services. The Analytics Services use Analytics Information to compile reports on activity.
“Anonymous Data” is the type of data that does not enable us to identify you, either by using this data by itself or combining it with any other information, for example data derived from personal data that is aggregated and compiled in anonymous form, Analytics Information and information collected from cookies.
Who will Accutics share my personal data and/or usage data with?
Accutics does not sell, rent or lease its customer or end users lists to third parties. Accutics will share your personal data and usage data with the following third parties (such third parties are prohibited from using your personal data except to provide these services to Accutics):
- Accutics’ operational service partners in order to operate the Sites and deliver the services you have requested; and/or with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, marketing campaigns, PR campaigns, remarketing, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support;
- any existing or future member of the Accutics group, which means Accutics’ subsidiaries, and their subsidiaries, as defined in the Danish Business Act.
In the event that Accutics sells or buys any business or assets it may disclose your personal data and/or usage data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. In the event that substantially all of Accutics’ assets are acquired by a third-party purchaser, your Personal Data and/or usage data may be one of the transferred assets.
Accutics will not disclose your personal data and/or usage data to any other third parties without your consent unless required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law or with legal process served on Accutics;
- protect and defend the rights or property of Accutics; and
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Sites.
Please keep in mind that if you publicly disclose Personal Data and/or usage data through our Sites, we are not responsible for the security of the personal data you publicly disclose and it may be collected and used by others.
The Sites may contain links to make it easier for you to visit other websites. These websites are managed by third parties and Accutics encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from the Sites so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information. Accutics is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites it may link to.
Does Accutics collect or process sensitive data?
Accutics does not systematically monitor individuals based on personal data, or use automated profiling of user data.
Accutics services do have custom text fields in which sensitive data can be added by either you and/or your employer. These fields are configured by you and/or your employer, and you and/or your employer accept full liability (and hold Accutics free from any liability) for any sensitive data entered into these fields. We recommend that you and/or employer do not add sensitive data to these fields. Any data entered into these fields will be processed in the same way as we process personal data.
Where does Accutics transfer, store and/or process my personal data?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. The third-party supplies may be engaged in, among other things, the development of our services and/or Sites, the enrichment of your data, the fulfilment of our contract with you or your employer, the processing of payment details and the provision of support services.
We will only transfer, store or process your data with such third-party suppliers who have agreed to comply with the required data security standards, policies and procedures and have put adequate security measures in place. By ticking the “I agree” button when first registering or logging into our services and by submitting your personal data, you consent to this transfer, storing or processing of your personal data with our sister companies and business partners located outside of the EEA.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers within a private network and is encrypted when in transit between those servers and a third-party supplier. We retain your data as per our data retention schedule.
How does Accutics protect my personal data?
As you would expect, Accutics takes security of personal data very seriously. Our risk management and security controls include:
- embedding data privacy by design into everything we do;
- consent and permission management for both you and/or your employer;
- internal access control based on role and least privilege; all access is logged;
- risk management, business continuity, including disaster recover, backups, business impact assessments, and risk registers;
- data breach management: Accutics will inform all users impacted of a data breach within 96 Hours;
- cryptography, crypto controls, key management;
- asset management; and
- network segregation, penetration testing, and a software development cycle.
Protecting my password
Your password enables you to access certain parts of our services. You are responsible for keeping this password confidential and for updating it regularly. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Should you forget your password, it is your responsibility to request a new password from us.
Accutics uses “cookies” to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
Accutics uses cross-domain cookie tracking, so cookies issued by one Accutics domain can be read by another Accutics-owned domain. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to enhance your user experience. You can obtain information about how to manage cookies at www.aboutcookies.org.
Accutics keeps track of the websites and pages you or your employer visit within our Sites and may process this personal data in order to determine which services and facilities are the most popular.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to use our Sites or sections of our sites.
For more details on which type of cookies we collect, please see the cookie table.
You have the right to access information held about you and to have inaccurate personal data rectified or completed, if incomplete. You are also entitled to request the restriction or suppression of your personal data or that we erase it completely. You are also entitled to obtain from us and reuse your personal data for your purposes.
You have the right not to consent to us processing your personal data for marketing purposes. You may have given us your consent to do so when you first logged into our services. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any query you have regarding the handling of your data should be made in the first instance to email@example.com, addressed for the attention of our Data Protection Officer.
If you are not happy with our response to your query, you are entitled to contact the relevant supervising authority, which in Denmark is Datatilsynet.